The mission of Spirit of the Wild Horse is for the preservation and protection of America’s wild horses. Our goal is to bring awareness to the public for the need to reinstate federal protection, and provide sanctuary for the horses to live in freedom; without fear and harassment, in order for future generations to experience.
- Native grasses restoration.
- Orphaned Foal Project
- Purchase and release of wild horses captured by local ranchers. Thirty six horses released to date.
- Highway signs warning motorist of horses crossing. First two signs installed spring 2007 by CDOT.
- Public education and awareness of the Wild Horse removal and destruction.
- Winter feed and water when necessary.
- Development of a rental cabin on the Foundation property for people to experience the wild horses up close and generate additional revenue.
- Working with other wild horse sanctuaries in other states; Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary in South Dakota, The Cloud Foundation, Wild Horses Wyoming, and The New Mexican Horse Project.
Merchandise (T-shirts, leather pillows, mugs, mouse pads, ceramic tiles, tables, cards, prints) has been created with Judy’s incredible photographic images of the wild horses with revenues from the product sales going to the Foundation.